Our HR Manager Jen is looking for a wingman or women to support her with the HR Function within the James` Places Group, as she starts maternity in the summer.
James Places is a dynamic and vibrant growing company with venues based in the Ribble Valley and beyond with The Royal Hotel, The Shireburn Arms, The Emporium, Eaves Hall, Mitton Hall, The Waddington Arms, Holmes Mill and Falcon Manor, all being part of the group.
• We have passion for what we do – We demonstrate this through the quality of our people, food, service and buildings
• We deliver extraordinary experiences – We do this by having an eye for detail, delighting the guest, working as a team, making this happen!
• We are evolving and embrace change – Develop and grow as individuals, as part of a team and as a business. We will do this through creativity, reward & recognition
• We promise to be genuine, unstuffy and welcoming – Respect your colleagues and the customers, be cheerful, be positive, be friendly, be enthusiastic, be honest & be truthful
Initially the role will be to support the senior leadership team in the return to work of staff following Furlough, this will include notification to payroll, documentation being sent to staff and correctly uploading the information to the relevant platforms. To support managers in dealing with all Employee Relation and casework matters such as disciplinary, grievance, absence, capability, redundancy, TUPE and day to day HR related queries and activities such as recruitment and the interface of the HR system Access. The role will involve communication and liaison with our HR3 provider and will also involve on the job training with the provider on a range of HR and Employment Law topics.
To review and manage individual cases and make recommendations to managers as to how they should proceed. To ensure that managers deal with issues professionally and sensitively in accordance with procedures, employment law and best practice. To undertake note taking during hearings, appeals and formal meetings with employees. To undertake the role of Link Officer for suspended employees under investigation. To complete administration tasks with regards to contracts of employment, job description writing and other recruitment projects for example promotional events. Ability to produce reports, outcome letters and various supporting documentation for casework completion.
• At least two years within a HR setting and team.
• Experience of Employment Law and clear ability to provide legal advice in line with our HR3 providers.
• Level 5 CIPD experience essential Personality/Character
• Has presence and can build relationships at all levels quickly.
• Strong customer orientation and understanding of the concept of service delivery.
• Excellent problem solving skills with good judgment and decision-making ability.
• Effective listening skills and ability to coach others.
• Motivated to deliver and maintain a positive outlook in dealing with difficult issues.
• Is always discrete and demonstrates high levels of personal integrity and confidentiality.
• Strong project management and personal organisational skills with the ability to balance a number of differing priorities.
Job descriptions are not exhaustive and the job holder may be required to undertake duties which are broadly in line with the above responsibilities. This job is currently a temporary maternity cover, however it could potentially lead to retention after the term.
Please choose the venue you would like to book