James Places is a dynamic and vibrant growing company with venues based in the Ribble Valley and beyond with The Royal Hotel, The Shireburn Arms, The Emporium, Eaves Hall, Mitton Hall, The Waddington Arms, Holmes Mill and Falcon Manor , all part of the group. So if you are looking for a new challenge, or just fancy a change, James Places has a lot to offer.
- We have passion for what we do – We demonstrate this through the quality of our people, food, service and buildings
- We deliver extraordinary experiences – We do this by having an eye for detail, delighting the guest, working as a team, making this happen!
- We are evolving and embrace change – Develop and grow as individuals, as part of a team and as a business. We will do this through creativity, reward & recognition
- We promise to be genuine, unstuffy and welcoming – Respect your colleagues and the customers, be cheerful, be positive, be friendly, be enthusiastic, be honest & be truthful
Reporting to the Head Housekeeper, you will be responsible for playing a key role in the team, creating a warm and welcoming environment for the guests. You will ensure guests are impressed with the cleanliness and detail in all rooms, from bedrooms, bathrooms, restaurants and public areas, and that our outside grounds are secured, cleaned and maintained to the highest standards which shine through to help make our guests stay sensational, creating the desired first impression in line with our values.
- Stakeholder management of Reception and Front of House teams/ Head of Department(s).
- Ensuring the James’ Places values are adhered to.
- Being punctual at all times, wearing the correct uniform and maintaining a high standard of personal appearance.
- Greeting all customers using a positive and courteous approach.
- Being helpful and accommodating, fulfilling all reasonable requests from customers, to ensure their comfort, satisfaction and safety, by following the correct points of service.
- Maintaining high standards of cleanliness and presentation in all back-of-house areas and customer areas.
- Adhering to Company policy and standard operation procedures when servicing all bedrooms and corridors and public areas.
- Creating and following daily job lists to include the room status, arrivals and departures lists.
- Completing all periodical tasks as directed by Head of Department/Manager.
- Storing all used and clean laundry in line with Company policy and completing all required documentation.
- Maintaining stocking levels and security of all consumables/resources and equipment.
- Reporting any maintenance issues together with furniture, fittings and equipment repairs or missing items immediately to the Head Housekeeper.
- Building and maintaining good relationships with all team members.
- Assisting team members to balance workload and prioritising tasks.
- Working unsupervised in a busy environment, demonstrating confidence and self-motivated attitude.
- Carrying out instructions given by your Head of Department and the Management team.
- Welcoming and embracing change, with a positive attitude, delivering excellent customer service at all times.
- Providing guests with information (where requested) regarding current promotions and hotel pricing, to maximise bedroom sales opportunities.
- Attending and contributing positively to team meetings
- Consistently and effectively communicating throughout all shifts, to all levels of staff and departments including Housekeeping, Reception, Front of House and Sales.
- Maintaining standards of performance and quality of service required by the Company.
- Respecting the working environment whilst showing flair, personality and enjoyment of your job.
- Adhering to all Company Policies, Procedures and Licensing Laws at all times.
- Following regular James Places and Company standard operating procedures to provide a courteous, friendly and professional customer service.
- Attending Company training sessions, maintaining personal knowledge and utilising new skills within service.
- Observing the rules and standards of the Company, such as the Company’s fire plan, COSHH, Health and Safety Policy along with all other Company Policies and Procedures as demonstrated in the Company Handbook.
- Referring tasks/issues arise outside of your control, to higher authority/the relevant Manager or Department.
- Utilising and following sufficient training within James Places procedures and expectations to complete the job.
- Previous experience is desirable but not essential.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Passionate with high level of attention to detail.
- Methodical and efficient, comfortable with working to set timescales.
- Team player.
- Good communication skills and able to build relationships within and across teams.
- Friendly, professional and customer focused.
Job descriptions are not exhaustive and the job holder may be required to undertake duties which are broadly in line with the above responsibilities.
Competitive rates of pay and flexible working hours