James Places is a dynamic and vibrant growing company with venues based in the Ribble Valley
and beyond with The Royal Hotel, The Shireburn Arms, The Emporium, Eaves Hall, Mitton Hall,
The Waddington Arms, Holmes Mill and Falcon Manor , all part of the group. So if you are
looking for a new challenge, or just fancy a change, James Places has a lot to offer.
* We have passion for what we do – We demonstrate this through the quality of our people,
food, service and buildings
* We deliver extraordinary experiences – We do this by having an eye for detail, delighting
the guest, working as a team, making this happen!
* We are evolving and embrace change – Develop and grow as individuals, as part of a team
and as a business. We will do this through creativity, reward & recognition
* We promise to be genuine, unstuffy and welcoming – Respect your colleagues and the
customers, be cheerful, be positive, be friendly, be enthusiastic, be honest & be truthful
Reporting to Executive Housekeeper/General Manager, you will be supervising the
Housekeeping Assistants ensuring they clean to the highest standards and tasks are completed
in a timely manner to ensure guests are impressed with the cleanliness and detail in all rooms.
It’s a hands on job and you’ll be part of the team responsible for creating a warm and welcoming
environment for our guests. The areas responsible will be bedrooms, bathrooms, restaurants
and public areas. Our high standards shine through to make our guests stay sensational.
* Setting an example for the rest of the team by being punctual, well groomed and dressed
in accordance with James Places’ standards.
* Maintaining control and orchestrating service effectively and confidently.
* Coaching, motivating and leading front of house teams to exceed customer expectations and
perform their duties effectively and consistently.
* Recording, monitoring and proactively dealing with employee issues within your
department so that, where possible you can rectify the problem by following James Places
procedures, ensuring your team are treated consistently.
* Liaising and obtaining up to date information from Reception/Sales with regards to
occupancy/customer requests so that you can ensure you have the correct number of staff
to meet with business demands and James Places budgets.
* Ensuring tasks are completed efficiently and to correct standards.
* Creating weekly Staff Rota’s within set budgets and wage percentage targets, cancelling
staff/replacing staff where required, to ensure that targets and standards are adhered to.
* Managing your staff members to ensure they take their break at appropriate times and utilise correct procedures for recording rest breaks. All staff holiday requests must be authorised by you and passed to the General Manager to ensure they are filed correctly. * Liaising with the Executive Housekeeper to advertise and recruit for new housekeeping staff, ensuring that the correct process and James Places paperwork is completed when conducting interviews/offering positions. * Liaising with the General Manager to arrange convenient date/time to arrange inductions for new starters and inform the new starter accordingly. * Briefing all staff members at the beginning of each shift to ensure all booking requests/special requirements, upgrades and any other relevant information is understood and adhered to. Any alterations to rooms must be communicated effectively to the relevant departments including alterations to guest numbers/allocation/requests. * Liaising with reception to ensure that your function sheet and daily brief is up to date. * Setting standards for the team to ensure they know what is required of them and the time scale and standard in which tasks needs to be completed. * Ensuring all employee issues are monitored and managed proactively in line with Company Policy and Procedure. Premises * Carrying out a thorough handover with the Night Manager to ensure all cleaning, maintenance and security matters are handed over, with the necessary paperwork completed/logged and signed off. Communicating any specific jobs/issues to the relevant HOD is key. * Ensuring employees meet with James’ Places expectations and set standards. * Ensuring all fixtures/machinery/fittings are safe to use within the building; logging any repairs and liaising with General Manager/Maintenance in reporting, and ensuring appropriate work is carried out. * Liaising with Reception and the Duty Manager with regards to check outs and to report any mis-use within the bedrooms. * Checking, monitoring and rectifying the cleanliness of the building, in all areas including all public areas/corridors/toilets, bedrooms, outside grounds and car parking areas. * Ensuring the James’ Places values are adhered to, delegating effectively through the relevant HOD to ensure this is achieved. This includes light bulbs, menus, cleanliness, rubbish/cigarette ends, cushions plumped, tables polished, appropriate music playing & comfortable fire/heating temperature maintained. * Attending a weekly HOD meeting and any training that you are required to undertake as part of James Places progression. * Regularly carrying out walk-rounds/checks of all function public areas and outside areas to ensure they are up to James Places standards with regards to cleanliness, safety & presentation. Standards * Maintaining standards of performance and quality of service required by the Company. * Respecting the working environment whilst showing flair, personality and enjoyment of your job. * Adhering to all Company Policies, Procedures at all times. * Carrying out regular bedroom audits and spot-checks with the relevant feedback passed back to the staff member and management and further actions carried out and documented.
Please choose the venue you would like to book