James Places is a dynamic and vibrant growing company with venues based in the Ribble Valley and beyond with The Royal Hotel, The Shireburn Arms, The Emporium, Eaves Hall, Mitton Hall, The Waddington Arms, Holmes Mill and Falcon Manor , all part of the group. So if you are looking for a new challenge, or just fancy a change, James Places has a lot to offer.
- We have passion for what we do – We demonstrate this through the quality of our people, food, service and buildings
- We deliver extraordinary experiences – We do this by having an eye for detail, delighting the guest, working as a team, making this happen!
- We are evolving and embrace change – Develop and grow as individuals, as part of a team and as a business.
- We will do this through creativity, reward & recognition We promise to be genuine, unstuffy and welcoming – Respect your colleagues and the customers, be cheerful, be positive, be friendly, be enthusiastic, be honest & be truthful
Reporting to the Duty Manager, you will be responsible for providing seamless customer service and a warm and welcoming environment to our guests, ensuring a high standard of attention to detail and satisfaction. You’ll be working hard to make sure our guest have a spectacular experience whatever the occasion.
- Ensuring the James’ Places values are adhered to.
- Being punctual at all times, wearing the correct uniform and maintaining a high standard of personal appearance.
- Serving customers in a friendly, efficient and professional manner whilst showing confident product knowledge and good communication skills.
- Preparing the front of house for service and maintaining high levels of cleanliness throughout shifts, whilst following standard operating procedures with regards to set-up, service and behaviour.
- Welcoming and embracing change, with a positive attitude, delivering excellent customer service at all times.
- Greeting all customers using a positive and courteous approach.
- Being helpful and accommodating, fulfilling all reasonable requests from customers, to ensure their comfort, satisfaction and safety, by following the correct points of service.
- Ensuring food/drink orders are correctly taken and processed.
- Having strong product knowledge to allow confidence in up selling and recommendations thereby maximising sale opportunities.
- Building and maintaining good relationships with all team members.
- Assisting team members to balance workload and prioritising tasks.
- Working unsupervised in a busy environment, demonstrating confidence and self-motivation.
- Carrying out instructions given by your Head of Department and the Management Team.
- Maintaining standards of performance and quality of service required by the Company.
- Respecting the working environment whilst showing flair, personality and enjoyment of your job.
- Attending Company training sessions, maintaining personal knowledge and utilising new skills within service.
- Observing the rules and standards of the Company, such as the Company’s fire plan, COSHH, Health and Safety Policy along with all other Company Policies and Procedures as demonstrated in the Company Handbook.
- Referring tasks/issues arise outside of your control, to higher authority/the relevant manager or department.
Previous experience is desirable but not essential
- Team players.
- Customer centric.
- Friendly yet professional.
- Able to handle multiple differing priorities effectively.
- Enjoys working in a busy environment.
- High level of attention to detail.
Job descriptions are not exhaustive and the job holder may be required to undertake duties which are broadly in line with the above responsibilities.
Competitive Rates of Pay & Flexible working hours.